Is the new Paddy Power Messenger personalised betting app available for Android?

Discussion in 'Android Horse Race Betting' started by Kicking King, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Kicking King

Kicking King New Member

PaddyPower have been advertising their new personalised Messenger app over Christmas on TV and in the horse racing papers but I don't know how to download it to my Galaxy Tab 3 or HTC Droids. What I like about the app is that you can place a bet by simply sending a text message. So rather than having to launch the regular PP app and searching for a specific race horse race in that section, you can just message "£10 Win Sprinter Sacre" and you'll get an instantaneous confirmation from PP that your bet has been placed.

It all looks super fast and easy but none of the advertisements mention where I can download the Messenger app. Can anyone help?

2. Sebastian

Sebastian Administrator Staff Member

UPDATE (AUGUST 2014) - Yes, Paddy Power have now released a version of their Messenger app for Android devices, which can be downloaded directly from their website (you won't find it on Google Play).

Not at present, although our friends at Paddy Power have informed us that an Android version is currently in development and will be available in the very near future. We'll let you know as soon as it's released. In the mean time, here's a video of the iOS version in action.

But if you do own an iPhone or iPad you'd be mad not try the new PaddyPower Messenger app because they'll give you a free bet worth £20 the first time you use it providing you place a bet of £10 or more.

PADDY POWER MESSENGER: WWW.PADDYPOWER.COM

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  3. Kicking King

Kicking King New Member

4. Sebastian

Ladbrokes have now also introduced a text betting service. Rather than offering a dedicated piece of software, they just allow their customers to text a particular number to place a quick bet.

5. Paddy68

Paddy68 Member

I prefer the PaddyPower text betting service because it does a lot more than just facilitate mobile betting. Being able to receive text commentary and updates on sports you've backed is a pretty nifty benefit.

6. Kicking King

Kicking King New Member

Is PaddyPower Messenger available for Widows Phone devices like a Microsoft Lumia or Nokia Lumia? Maybe there is a version that will run from the browser of my tablet?

7. Sebastian

No, at the moment the Paddy Power text betting Messenger app is only available for Apple iOS and Google Android devices.

I plan to use it quiet a bit this month for the Cheltenham festival because you can setup alerts that will notify you when a particular jockey, trainer or horse is running. Very useful if you've got a tips for particular races.

8. Chelsea

Chelsea New Member

i though the whole point of using text betting was that you don't need an internet connection. will i still be able to use the paddy power messenger app if i can't get a 3g signal?

9. Sebastian

Yes, it should still work fine even if you only have a very basic Edge connection. You don't need 3G, 4G or LTE.

10. Donald

Donald Member

when i search on google play i can't find it. is it only available in certain countries?

11. Sebastian

The Paddy Power messenger app need to be downloaded directly from the Paddy Power website. Just visit their "Mobile" section and you should find it. The Android app is available in any country that you can open a Paddy Power account in.